Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Size Folded Pizza

I dunno if it's the same for other countries but Yellow Cab use to sell their pizza per slice for those who simply cannot devour a whole box of pizza in one sitting. This is no longer available here. It sucks!

Pinoys may not have that much big of an appetite to be able to devour a box full of pizza (though my youngest brother can). I can only eat up to 3-4 slices at most. I would have probably downed a lot of Coke, because I love Coke. Its part of my diet. For Pinoys and other people who have that much big of an appetite who still want to enjoy a slice of pizza, the My Size Folded Pizza maybe the next best thing.

The thought of a pizza sandwich appeals to me. I try that sometimes, putting two slices of pizza together and eat it like a slob. My Size Folded Pizza sounds promising. It comes in three flavors: pepperoni, grilled lime chicken, and shrimp. Despite being allergic to shrimp, shrimp was ordered. I live dangerously. But one good fact about shrimps is that the thing that makes you allergic is the vein which you would find at the spine area. This is responsible for the toxins that causes allergic reactions and it also makes the shrimp turn orange-y pink. Yellow Cab serves deveined shrimps. This is the reason it can be quite pale but it is a lot safer to eat for those who are allergic like me.

 *photo from Yellow Cab

It has the generic Yellow Cab pizza smell of baked cheese and crust. As you would notice from the picture, it is half shrimp pizza and half cheese pizza served with leaves of lettuce, arugula, slices of tomatoes and ranch dressing, I think. It definitely looks promising.

I try to do my best to fold it the best way possible. I lined the lettuce leaves over the shrimp pizza half, then the arugula, then the tomatoes, then the dressing. I carefully made indentations as to were i am going to fold the pizza, which is clearly where the shrimp pizza part and the cheese pizza part meets. Yes, People from other tables was starting to look at me on how ritualistic I prepared this. It made them think I am a lot weirder when I took a picture of it like it was a work of art.

Here's the picture:


I was really eager to take that first bite. I finally took my first bite after I mentally prepared myself of what I am about to partake. The crust was tough. And you know how it is when you flour the pan before laying down the crust? The first bite was too crusty and tasted like flour. I planned my next bite to make sure i get a little bit of everything. The taste of the shrimp was bland. You can taste the arugula which is good. The dressing is too weak. It would have helped it there were more but the dressing is really too bland to give much taste. The tomato is okay. I tried my best to take more bites from it but it really didn't satisfy me. It was just okay.

What would have worked? A softer crust. You would be able to taste all of these flavors with a softer crust. More cheese. You can never go wrong in adding more cheese. Better dressing, please! It was a good thing that an order of pepperoni pizza was made. I took a slice and ate it top-side down to get more flavor. It was oily but it had more flavor. I suggest you try to eat your pizza that way, it is really way better. And yes, this made some of the people look. So, do it discreetly.

I will try the My Size, Grilled Lime Chicken on Tuesday. I will make a post about it if it tastes better. Pig OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment